Certified Organic Banana
- Bananas contain no fat, or cholesterol and are easy to digest.
- They are a great source of instant energy, as they contain plenty of carbohydrates and contain natural sugars (sucrose, fructose and glucose) which are released quickly into the bloodstream.
- Bananas are rich in vitamin B6 and are a good source of fibre, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. Vitamin B6 helps prevent irritability and insomnia. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and can also reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. Potassium also prevents the bloods pH from becoming too acidic.
- Bananas are believed to prevent low density lipoprotein from oxidizing, which causes it to stick to the walls of the arteries. This accumulation can contribute to atherosclerosis, or harding of the arteries, a major contributor to heart attack, stroke and high blood pressure. Eating bananas as a part of your diet can reduce the risk of stroke by up to 40%.
- Eating one medium banana provides you with 11% of your daily potassium requirement and 17% of your daily vitamin C requirement.